Sunday, February 13, 2011

Paula. (aka Step Granny)

Paula used to be bleach blonde.. Then I got her to go a little (well. a lot)
darker....Then it faded.
And then she was FINALLY happy with what we did. Her hair naturally is snow white, I try to tell her this is a really pretty thing and she should take advantage of it but noo, she thinks it makes her look aged. So I give up on the idea of snow white and decide perhaps we could go a different route and we went dark. After a couple months she had a decent bit of newgrowth and the color had faded a little because of how light her hair used to be.
She said everyone had been complimenting her on her hair color either way, weather it had been done in December or now in February, but she admitted she felt a little more comfortable with the lighter shade the color had faded to. I liked it this way as well and it seems that the cool tone that we had ended up with looked quite nice along with her skin tone. We matched the color up to an ash color and I got to use a new formula- a b/b and y/o. An ashy gold? Oh yes.
I had three total color bowls for this application- one for the newgrowth which was the same formula for the midstrand to ends, just 20 volume to cover the white, and 10 volume for the ends to refresh the existing color, and a bowl of enlightener 10 volume to lift her hair to the platinum she was used to to give her a little pizazz in the front section. To do this effectively I needed to paint inbetween foils and I was quite happy that this only took me around 45 minutes to do the all over color and paint the foils and rest of the color. I'm slowly getting quicker with these things, thankfully!We had a little fun with the camera..

And then it was time to rinse the color out, and refresh her cut. I basically brought everything back to a guide, including the sides and cut short layers on the top so that she can have some to mess with.
After we cut her hair, I used a couple products.. Damage control, and Pure Abundance Hairspray (both from Aveda.) This was my first time using the Pure Abundance Hairspray and it did wonders to cover up a couple spots I know my granny was worried about. I was very impressed with the final product and so was she!

1 comment:

Marilyn Bricker said...

Hey you did wonders for granny Paula, makes her look good!I am sure that she loved it too, you always do work very well, you know your stuff that's for sure.sompled