Thursday, February 24, 2011

Katie.



I met Katie when I had just started school- I automatically knew that she and I would click just by looking at her.

Katie was always an inspiration to me to be a better person, to smile a little more often, to not be too disappointed or hold grudges, and to just genuinely care about our profession, or at least care as much possible as a student stylist/ person can. It was nice to know that every day I could come into the school and walk downstairs when she was on the floor and I wasn't and say hi, or I could go and tell her about my day without being judged. I could always expect positive feedback from her, and that is something I really admire about her.

So, I was more than honored when she asked me to do her final service. At our school, a 'final service' is where a graduating student has any service done for them by another (not graduating) student. It meant so much to me and I looked forward to it for quite a bit!
So, she came to me with a 'little' request. We had a new series of color out that are all really bold colors including a really bold plum that she really liked. She wanted to do that color all over, and then redo her copper pieces in her hair. It was a little bit of a challenge because we had to do about ten processes total, but we got it done!
I was so inspired by her final look I did her make up as well. She was such a sweetheart through the whole thing it was all I could do. She's been graduated for about a week now and I miss her so much! Shes currently taking the Managers Program at our school and I am sure that she will be a great asset to any salon she goes to.

Congrats Katie :)

No comments: