Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monica.


Monica came in to cut quite a few inches off of her hair.. You don't see that much on a campus where hair is a girls gold adorned with fancy highlights and color usually.
I asked her what prompted her for this big of a length difference, especially with no layers.. She replied and told me that she would be heading to Africa in a couple of weeks and would be very busy and didn't know when she would be getting a haircut again.

Woah.Woah, woah, woah.

After a little bit more chatting she told me she had been accepted into the Peace Corps and is basically an environmental scientist. This was so interesting to me partially because I had been reading about a spiritualist who went on a Peace Corps mission in the eighties or seventies and had became an ambassador of Brazil.. This was a really touching story but I know it wasn't realistic. Nonetheless the work that the volunteers do absolutely astounds me and I admire them so much. To meet someone who had been waiting to be accepted and was able to tell me how difficult and tedious the application process could be was inspiring to say the least. I was so excited for her. Monica will be a great asset, I am sure of it.
Anyhow, you all should go check out her blogspot- she will update when she can. She told me that a friend had to walk ten miles or so to get internet, if not thirty. I might have mixed some numbers up. Heres the link:

Thanks everyone!

No comments: