Thursday, February 3, 2011

My guest Heather... :)




I stumbled into school one day knowing I had some color on the books. Not the quickest thing for me, but I looked at it with a positive attitude nonetheless, because, hey? Thats the only way to get better, right?

Little did I know I would meet such a wonderful person in my chair as Heather.
Heather isn't just one of those guests you get in you chair who you can figure out in a few minutes.. I knew she had a little more to her than what she tried to initially show. She wanted a very bright orange haircolor (around a 7) that could be achieved... But mostly by doing a Color Cleanse, (Aveda terms and its own formula for basically 'stripping' hair.) So, I suggest maybe perhaps we do a Red Violet color around the same level so it is easy for her to grow out, but she still gets her little bit of 'red' that she wants. Plus the intense swatches really caught her eye.

Through our service we discussed many things having to do with our lives and the lives
of everyone around us. This whole time we are talking I realize we could be great friends, and this whole time I realize this I also am very anxious to see the final color on her. This is always
something that happens with me (and possibly other colorist
s?) this anxious feeling. I want my guests to look and FEEL good, so the outcome is definitely a
crucial part of that.

We rinse the color and wa la!
A gorgeous red/violet, even everywhere and shiny as could be. I was more than pleased and so was Heather. I explained since she had this red on her hair right now, if she wanted to get highlights to possibly get that copper tone in a chunky, partial highlight, it could be very easily done to giv
e her some more "edge". She liked the idea and rebooked with me a week later! When I got my receipt for the service and saw this I was pretty happy about that so we could continue our nice talks about life. Sometimes, you don't want someone to leave your chair! Some people are just too sweet.


No comments: