Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lisa.



I came in one day and expected to be on deck all day. Friend hands me a traveler and says "don't hate me". I look down, it's a perm. The THIRD one I've had since I got onto the clinic floor.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind perms. I don't mind them at all. But really? Three and not very many people have had them. "Why me?" I think. Well. Why not? I was getting good at them after all.

Today was the day I would do the perm to end all perms, according to my guest. She readily warned me that I would probably be wrapping for 3/4 hours and we would need to use the strongest perm solution on her hair.

She was right.

Lisa was studying her flashcards she made while I wrapped her hair- we didn't get to talk much because I was so focused. Peach and Purple rods soon became a christmas tree on her head. I was sweating, thats how into this I was. At first I was really intimidated, but after a bit of working on her head I came to realize how awesome this could be. Taking advantage of that idea, my wrapping just got better and better.
Total, we placed around 170 rods into Lisa's hair, all spiral wrapped up until her parietal section where we did a piggyback wrap. My instructor Lorna was a huge asset in this and when I doubted myself she looked back and kinda "kicked me out of the nest" if you will so I could trust myself and only myself. I'm glad, because that made me all the much prouder of the end result.
If I can get ahold of Lisa I will get a photo of her hair afterward, but lets just say she said it was the best perm she had ever had. I was incredibly proud and one of my favorite comment cards is hers. She said I was exceptional!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: