Thursday, February 3, 2011

Khlea.

This girl has so much going for her.

I met Khlea I'm pretty sure on another one of my Saturday morning shifts when I was a PM
student, long before I contemplated switching to AM. At the end of the day I had a haircut booked I knew it wouldn't take long.

Well, the thing is, is that with very textured hair, you should cut it according to what style the guest wants to wear. If they wear their hair natural, then cut it natural. If they wear it relaxed or straighten it every day, you have to do such to cut it.

When I washed her hair I noticed she had a relaxer on her, because not much curl was coming up aside from a little bit of newgrowth (about an inch, maybe less). This was fortunate
for me because we were able to discuss her relaxer options and it just so happened I had a relaxer model day where she could come in, get relaxed, for only a cheap fee. So, after I did her shampoo/ style and cut, ( cute A line bob, it keeps getting more and more stacked just the way she likes it!) we agreed that next Tuesday we would get that newgrowth taken care of.
Going into my first relaxer I was pretty nervous, I'm not gonna lie. All of the highly dangerous chemicals involved make getting highlights look like a joke! Leave it on too long, or if theres an abrasion on the scalp you have to get your guest to the shampoo bed STAT or else their head will be on fire.. Or they will have a patch of hair missing. Plus, I wanted to impress my new guest with my techniques and make her look fly! I did NOT want to leave her bald. Yeah.


So, my friend Ryo helped me out because it is such a fast process, and with the guidance of Miss Lisa we gave Khlea a great relaxer. During the rinsing process I made sure there were absolutely NO pink suds (the indicator there is still harsh chemical on the scalp/ hair) and we towel blotted her and sent her out to be dried and lightly straightened.

Immediately I noticed that the relaxer, imagine this, worked! Not much time was needed for the smoothing process and Khlea was very happy to see her hair wasn't "poofing" out as much as
it had before, which in turn made ME very happy as well. No time for a trim today though, we had taken a little too long for her (get this) LUNCH BREAK..! (Haha!!) But she rebooked with me for another haircut at another point in time.

Next on our list is getting some color in her hair! We are thinking a deep red. I'm sure that when we meet next she will be overly happy with her results!


No comments: